What are my options?

When a Solicitors firm ceases trading it is a worrying time for clients as they are uncertain of what will happen to their housing disrepair claim. You maybe worried that urgent court deadlines will be missed, or the case will have to start from the beginning.

At KLS Law we have extensive experience taking over cases from Solicitor firms who have ceased trading.

Can I decide which law firm to instruct?

It is important to note that you have a freedom and choice so can instruct any firm.

How do I instruct and transfer my file to my new Solicitor?

If KLS Law are appointed, we will liaise with any third parties to obtain your file of papers with your signed authority.

My case is being funded under a ‘no win no fee’ will this funding still be available?

At KLS Law we offer no win no fee arrangements for most housing disrepair cases.

What are the next steps?

KLS Law will review the file to confirm what the best approach will be. The case will not be re-started from the beginning.

KLS Law has experience in handling cases where a firm is no longer trading. If you would like to speak to a member of our team about transferring your case to KLS Law call us on 01925 428 198 or complete our online enquiry form and we will arrange a convenient time to discuss your case.

Make an enquiry