What is Professional Negligence?
Professional negligence occurs when a professional performs below their expected standards, resulting in damage or loss to the client. This professional owes a duty of care to their client to perform their job with reasonable care and skill.
Some examples of professional negligence include:
- Incorrect advice before a property purchase
- Undervalued assets
- Under-settlement of a personal injury claim
- Missed limitation dates or court deadline for a claim
- Failure to comply with a court order
- Unsuitable investment advice
- Missed court deadline
Our sister legal firm Specters have a highly experienced professional negligence team, specialising in many areas.
These areas of professional negligence include:
- Conveyancing Fraud
- Financial Advisers
- Legal Professionals
- Valuer Negligence
If you would like to discuss a potential compensation claim for professional negligence, visit Specters here or call them direct on 0300 303 3629.